Friday, December 17, 2010

Vintage Photo Friday

Sisters, Lena, Fannie, Ida, Freda
Los Angeles 1944

Ever since my Auntie Mae gave me the family photo album, I've been scanning vintage photos of my family. These pix are from my Grandmother's side of the family in Los Angeles. Above is my Grandma Freda with her three sisters in someone's sunny Los Angeles backyard, 1944. Seeing photos of my great aunts when they were young really resonates with me. I love their dresses and their hairstyles! My cousin Myrna (Aunt Lena's daughter) looks so much like her mother! I also see a family resemblance between me and my Grandma Freda.

Howard,Ida,Sam,Freda,Roz,Celia
Howard & Ida Cooper, Sam & Freda Katz
Front: Sisters Roz and Celia Katz

The photo above also looks to be from the early 1940's...probably around 1942. It's my grandparents with Freda's sister, Ida and her husband Howard., along with my Mom and Aunt Celia. Don't you just love Grandma Freda's jaunty hat? My Mom and Auntie Celia sitting in the front look like glamour girls!
Those were the days when everyone dressed up ALL the time...so refreshing! Have a marvelous weekend before the holidays and remember to dress up a bit. You never have a second chance to make a first impression!!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Love, love, love these vintage photos. Very glamorous, very L.A. Noir!

 
At 2:58 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I love the photos as well. What a great gift your aunt and family has given to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery