Thursday, December 01, 2011

Gifties

"Pinky" Scarflette

I'm ALMOST done crocheting most of my holiday gifties for this year! Phew! I still have a few soap sweaters and spa cloths to whip up, but they're fast.
Last night I met my good buddy, Rhoda for dinner. She was wearing a very pretty pink Koigu lacy scarf that I crocheted for her last year. I'd totally forgotten about this scarf. It's very lacy and very Rhoda. It looked stunning on her bejeweled black cardigan.


I asked Rho if she'd like another similar scarflette, but in a different color. She wants celadon green. I have very little blue and green yarn in my stash, so I zoomed over to WildFiber at lunchtime today and picked up this gorgeous yarn. I'm going to crochet a different lacy pattern than "Pinky." Can't wait to start! LOVE working with this yarn!

Rhoda's Celadon Green Yarn

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Love the color. It will look stunning on Rhoda!

 
At 4:32 AM PST, Blogger Amy Meade said...

Ellen, what pattern is that? It's sooo pretty!

 
At 7:25 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Amy, thanks for the compliments. I made up this pattern. I started in the middle with some double crochets and then kept going around and around the scarf, building out, using different dc stitches. Eventually, I think I found a crocheted edging pattern that I liked in one of the Harmony books and did that for the final rows.

 
At 10:48 AM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

What lucky friend she is! Lovely colorway of koigu.

 
At 11:25 PM PST, Anonymous Grace said...

Yum Koigu! Great color choice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery