Thursday, August 05, 2010

Organic Cotton

I scored a few skeins of Bernat's Organic Cotton at my local Tuesday Morning store a few months ago. I swapped most of it, but I kept a few skeins of the pale celadon-green color. I believe that this cotton has been discontinued. I suppose that's why I got it for 50 cents a skein!
It's perfect for crocheting delicate spa cloths. I made two last night for a friend's upcoming birthday. I will pair these cloths with some fancy soap, bath salts and hand cream for a sweet gift. I really like how they turned out. I think the round cloth looks like a refreshing slice of lime!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Not just fancy, but FAHNCEE soap!!

Those cloths are lovely. It's too bad Bernat discontinued the yarn - I really liked it (but I recall thinking it was kinda pricey for that brand). You really scored, and now your friend will too. A true WIN-WIN!

 
At 12:40 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love me some organic cotton at a cut throat price! That spa cloth is faboo!

 
At 9:30 AM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Wish I had ran across some of those skeins! I am expecting a great nephew now and they would have made great hats for him (due November). The spa cloths came out great.

 
At 12:35 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

I loved the way these came out and I especially love the color combo - very refreshing.

 
At 11:05 AM PDT, Blogger Knitrageous said...

Those really turned out nice! I think I have a couple of skeins of that somewhere. You've inspired me!

http://knitrageous1.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery