Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Back in Style

Looks like the fave design from my teen years, the OWL, is back in style! The owl design was HUGE in the late 1960's and early 1970's. We had owls on tooled-leather belts and purses, owl pendant jewelry, owls on paper mache projects, owl screen prints for pillows and wall hangings, upholstery and more. I guess it was the hippy, back-to-nature movement that made these designs popular.

Liz McGrath's Owl Handbag from China

After perusing a few patterns on Ravelry, the owl design is very popular again among the yarny set.
Owl Sweater by Kate Davies
this design has been adapted for mittens, hats, scarves and more
Rupert the Owl Amigurumi by Irene Strand
Owl Socks by SpillyJane

Owlets by Brigette Reed

My good friend, Carla is right on top of the trends. She recently gifted me with a shawl pin that has an owl motif. I just love it and I'm so happy to be in style......again!

Thanks, Carla!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:34 PM PDT, Anonymous Kim said...

You really ought to have your own design show! Or a page in the LA Times magazine!

I love owls, too! I've got a collection of owl Christmas ornaments. I just love your new shawl pin!

 
At 5:38 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Those owlets are making me swoon! They're so cute. You're so welcome, and you've never been out of style. :)

 
At 7:03 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

Cute! I have to admit, I'm a sucker for the resurgent owl trend.

 
At 8:29 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The owls are hot! I am happy to say I am riding that train. Love that owly shawl pin.

 
At 10:17 PM PDT, Blogger Glennis said...

Wow, that Kate DAvies sweater is totally cool.

 
At 12:36 AM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

Those top bags are super cute!

 
At 6:46 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoooooo would have thought the owls would come back? So cute!

 
At 1:31 PM PDT, Anonymous Sheffield @ back-in-style.com said...

I wonder what it is about the owl specifically that makes it a recurring fashion icon. What ever it is, I am glad they are back. Whimsical and fun, they make me smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery