Monday, March 19, 2012

Artist's Perception

Spaulding Square Home, Los Angeles
image from Google Maps

I'm on Artist, Tony de Carlo's e-mail list. Every time Tony finishes a painting, he notifies his list of admirers. Tony lived in Los Angeles for many years, but now he resides in Savannah, Georgia. I've always loved his work. We own many of his paintings. Since Tony has moved to the South, many of his location paintings have depicted his surroundings. Recently, Tony finished a commissioned piece for patrons living in Los Angeles.
This is their perfectly adorable bungalow in the Spaulding Square area of L.A. (pictured above). This area was designated a Historic Preservation Overlay Zone (HPOZ) in 1993. Most of the homes were built between 1916 and 1926. I do love Tony's vision. Now, this unassuming little bungalow looks like a sweet house in the Emerald City of Oz.

Painting by Tony de Carlo

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I too have a couple of Tony de Carlo's paintings in my home. I think his depiction of this house is perfect!

 
At 9:03 PM PDT, Blogger James Colin Campbell said...

I love the wavy lines in this picture, it changes the look of architecture of that Spaulding Square colonial revival bungalow

http://jamescolincampbell.com/spaulding-square/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery