Friday, December 14, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday

Crowds Shopping on Broadway, downtown L.A., 1937.  Photo by H. Schultheis. LAPL Collection

I LOVE this photo of people walking past a fully decorated Clifton's Brookdale Cafeteria in 1937.  We're all very excited that layers and layers of facade structure added to Clifton's over the decades has now been removed.  The original exterior is on view and the entire cafeteria is being revitalized
Have you completed your holiday shopping?  I have not!  I'll be scurrying around all weekend, in-between events, trying to get everything done!  Every year I promise myself I'm going to be more organized and plan ahead.  Every year I fail.

Clifton's Brookdale Forest Interior
Terrazzo sidewalk in front of Clifton's
Instead of running around and shopping like a crazy person, I wish I could just sit at a table in Clifton's wooded mezzanine, staring at a fake grizzly bear, eating a nice turkey sandwich and watching the crowds go by.  Sigh.
Happy Holiday Shopping!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery