Wednesday, January 02, 2013

My Museum

Resnick Pavilion @ LACMA
We live VERY close to the L.A. County Museum of Art (LACMA).  I do not visit often enough, considering our proximity.  Last week I decided to pay a short visit to see two of the latest exhibits, "Bodies and Shadows:  Caravaggio and his Legacy" and an exhausting look at the life of Stanley Kubrick through his photos, notes, movies and almost everything he ever touched!  Both exhibits were engrossing.
We have the LACMA book on the Caravaggio exhibit, so I was already versed on this group of paintings.  It really helps to read about the exhibit before you see it OR go on a docent tour.  The paintings were impressive.
Film Posters @ the Kubrick Exhibit
I'm a pop culture person, so the Kubrick exhibit was extremely interesting to me.  I loved seeing Kubrick's early photos, all the props from his famous films and even his director's chair!
Costumes from "The Shining" (1980)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery