Thursday, March 07, 2013

2013 Potholder Swap

I've crocheted a LOT of potholders in the past years!

During our troubled times of war, hunger and strife, I find it comforting to turn off the news and crochet a potholder.  Yarn arts are my way of tuning out...my drug of choice.  For the past few years I've been a participant in Ravelry's Potholder Swap.  In addition to various swaps, I've crocheted potholders for my friends.  I'm definitely stuck in the round potholder with center flower design mode.  Next year, I may have to branch out to another shape!
The 2013 Potholder Swap is on!  This year we were required to crochet only three potholders instead of the previously required five.  The potholders must be between 6-8 inches in diameter, crocheted with 100% cotton and must be double-sided. Every participant does their best work for this swap.  Our work is scrutinized by every member of the swap. This year I actually followed a real pattern, modifying it a bit to my liking.
Ellen's 2013 Rose Potholders (front)
Potholder Backs
I like them!  They're simple and fresh.  Details and modifications are on my Ravelry project page.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

wow! So many gorgeous ones all in one place. I hate to say it but I am losing steam on my potholder production--I havent even finished one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery