Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Brit Day!


Yesterday was Brit's birthday, HOWEVER we celebrated on Friday night with a visit to Vintage Enoteca in Hollywood and then cake and presents afterwards at Natalie's house.  We also managed to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the 2014 Winter Olympics.  There's nothing like dishing with the girls while watching the Olympic fashions stroll down the "runway!"  You had to be there.  My friends are hilarious.  

My big giftie to Brit this year was a Scandinavian themed afghan for her couch.  Brit is of Norwegian heritage.  After seeing the Norwegian Curling Team's outfits for this year's Olympics, I might have to whip up some argyle print pajama pants for Brit's gift next year!

I'd been thinking about the design of this afghan for a long time.  As I mentioned, I'm smitten with European Folk Design.  The "NordiGhan" is crocheted with white motifs from this pattern and then bordered with a zig-zag stitch, taken from this pattern.  I like the clean and crisp color scheme of black and white with a touch of red.
I found this adorable crocheted doll at Future Studio in Highland Park awhile back.  I thought she resembled Brit.  So, I added a pair of sunglasses and a little back-pack to make her look more like Brit.  Brit and Brit-Doll seem very happy and comfy with their new prezzies!

photo by Mr. Larry of Hollywood
photo by Ms. Darcy of NoHo
lifetime photo by Mr. Larry of Hollywood


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

And that answers the question of why you were looking for those doll-sized sunglasses!

I love the striking colors of the afghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery