Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Weaving and Fiber Festival



Once a year, for one day only, the Southern California Handweavers Guild holds its Weaving and Fiber Festival at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center.  This is a very manageable festival.  It's contained in about 3 or 4 rooms.  There's a weaving fashion show, raffles and many opportunities to mingle with weavers, dyers, spinners, knitters, crocheters and other like-minded folks.  I usually try to attend, even though I have the contents of an entire yarn shop in my house.  This year I made it down to Torrance for the last couple hours of the event.
I ran into many friends and generally had a great time, even though I only bought 2 skeins of yarn!

Jamie greeted me at the door

Spindles for sale

Buckets of beautiful yarn

WeHo SnB represented by Brenda B., Brenda C. and Diane

 
Mia and her Mom drove all the way from the far reaches of the v-v-v-valley

El Segundo Slipt Stitchers represented by Peggy and Dorothy

Woven Baskets

Button Bonanza

Pretty crocheted shawl at Dizzy Blonde Studios Booth

All these bargains at Newton's and I didn't buy any!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery