Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Think Pink



October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Every month should be BCAM.  From the website:  October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same.
One of my yarny friends posted a picture of this scarf she crocheted. Lenora inspired me to crochet my own scarf. The pattern, along with a video of how to crochet this scarf is FREE.  There is also a shawl design. 

"Think Pink"

See how the chain stitches form the crossed  pink ribbon?  So clever.

I call my scarf "Think Pink."  This is an easy and brilliant pattern.  I used a size "G" crochet hook with Koigu KPPM yarn.  I also added little flowers at each end of the scarf with some Koigu scraps.  I LOVE my new scarf.  I will be wearing it ALL year 'round, not just in October.


 I might just make this same pattern in red yarn for Aids Awareness.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

You inspired me to start this scarf now too! I made it through one pattern repeat. My first section looks a little wonky, but I'm hoping as I get going and block, it will work itself out. Love your flashy flower extras!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery