Thursday, March 26, 2015

#tbt Throw Back Thursday

A few years ago, my cousin Marilyn's husband, Phil gave me a disc of some old photographs that he had scanned.  They are a treasure trove of my grandparent's photos that did not make it into their picture album.  
This is my cousin Marilyn's 9th birthday party with her close friends, cousins and sister.
Top row, L-R: Myrna Dorshkind, Rita George, birthday girl Marilyn Stein, Ronnie George.  Bottom row, L-R: Kenny Bloom, humongous cake, Carolyn Stein.  Sunset Plaza, L.A., 1949

This was before I was born. My brother, Ken is in the picture, along with my cousins Myrna, Marilyn and Carolyn. Rita and Ronnie are close family friends. Ron George just retired as 27th Chief Justice of California!
Marilyn and Carolyn lived with their parents in a home up above Sunset Plaza. I do not remember that home. They must have moved when I was a baby.
That birthday cake looks awesome!
Marilyn recently celebrated her birthday this past February. Happy belated b-day, Cuz!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. Just found your blog tonight. Following--love your crocheted items!!! Would you mind sharing directions for your 3d flower from posting of class you helped with few days ago. I also saw posting of your barbie dress from 2010. I am trying to crochet barbie clothes for my grand daughters. Thank you.
My email is: dunlap_j@hotmail.com.

 
At 7:35 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

There are only TWO flower patterns pictured in my post of Tuesday, March 24.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery