Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Ramen in K-Town

Slurpin' Ramen, 8th St. and Oxford, K-Town

Last night we ventured out of our immediate neighborhood for dinner. I'd read about Slurpin' Ramen Bar in KoreaTown and wanted to try it. We're all about the ramen! This particular ramen restaurant is in the corner of Oxford Center on 8th St. and Oxford, just east of Western Avenue. The Oxford Center is a large 2-story mini-mall. Parking can be tricky. There was an attendant with a $1 parking sign at the entrance driveway, but we saw lots of people going in the "out" driveway and just parking on their own. Locals.  We found a spot on the street.
Interior, Slurpin' Ramen

You can easily see the restaurant from the street. The windows are curved and there are bright white paper lantern lights inside. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in the door. The place is very modern and clean with high communal tables and stools.

Larry and I each ordered the Tonkatsu Ramen. Mine was with chicken, his with Chashu Pork. You can order add-ons separately. We both had spinach and a "special" egg. I also ordered corn.
The "Special" Egg was perfectly cooked!

The broth was delicious and the bowls were huge. We each ordered mild, which definitely supplied a kick. I could have used less garlic in my broth, but that's just my preference. I ordered iced green tea and Larry had the lemonade. 


The place was jumping on a Tuesday night. I noticed others ordering many of the small bites. Everything looked delicious and well-prepared. Next time we go, I'll order the small bowl of ramen and try an appetizer or two!



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery