Thursday, December 10, 2015

It's a Miracle!

Santa on the Miracle Mile, early 1950s

Everywhere I look I see Santa Claus! He should be in his workshop, supervising the elves. Santa has a lot of work to do between now and Christmas.
I was perusing some vintage photos of Santa Claus online and found some very interesting ones of Santa Claus on the Miracle Mile throughout the years.
Wilshire and Hauser, early 1950s

Wilshire and Burnside, photo by Herman Schultheis, 1937

At the OTHER end of Wilshire, Santa and his reindeer have been installed at Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills.  This was a major highlight of the holiday season when I was a child!  
Wilshire Boulevard and Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills
OK, after looking at all of the holiday decorations, let's go to the movies.  I want to see this!

1964

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM PST, Blogger Divvy said...

I totally remember the theme song to Santa and the Martians! I loved the little girl Martian. This makes me so happy! Thank you!

 
At 9:45 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Divvy,
I never saw this movie, but I'm going to try and find it! Glad I could make your day!

Ellen B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery