Thursday, December 03, 2015

Leaping Stripes

I happened on this very easy and interesting crochet pattern by Moogly awhile back. I filed the pattern away and revisited it the other day when I was looking for a two-color potholder pattern. This pattern stitch is called "Leaping Stripes." It has an unusual construction, rather like a filet stitch, but different. 
Moogly's Leaping Stripes Crochet Pattern

Here are the instructions for this stitch. There are detailed photos and a tutorial. I tried it and I like it VERY much. This stitch produces a sturdy cloth.

This almost looks like a houndstooth pattern!



Cloths above crocheted with kitchen cotton

This is a softer cotton, variegated.  I like how the variegation is broken up by the stitches in the previous row.



Yup. This stitch is a winner.  I can even see myself making an afghan with it. Here are some online examples of this stitch by other crocheters. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery