Thursday, February 18, 2016

Too Long


I like the circular yoke on this sweater pattern

When I tried on my newly crocheted sweater I was immediately reminded of that old song, "Sam, You Made the Pants Too Long." After washing, the sweater relaxed a bit and now it's too long. Sigh. I'll just have to un-crochet the trim and shorten it. This did not prevent me from wearing it today to try it out. Also, I'm going to add some buttons.

Simple Single Crochet Edging

Overall, I like this pattern. It's the second time I've crocheted it. It's simply called "Top-Down Crochet Cardigan" by Janette Williams. I used a size "K" crochet hook for this bulky yarn, Universal Yarn/Classic Shades in aqua variations.

The Circular Yoke Blends Into The Sleeve
Double Crochet Stitches for the Sleeves Until the Last Inch which are Single Crochet Stitches
After all that hot weather this past weekend, we suddenly got a burst of rain and cooler temperatures. This inspired me to finish this sweater. Back to the craft room for alterations!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM PST, Blogger Kim Burk said...

Hysterical song! I love those old songs. But I really LOVE your new cardigan!

 
At 2:02 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks so much, Kim! If it's not too hot, I'll wear the cardigan to Guild tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery