Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Anatomy of a Sandwich

Crocheted Sandwich

I have crocheted my fair share of "food" over the years. I've made cookies, orange slices, felted eggs with bacon, lemons, apples and my crocheted taco that resides in the World Famous Crochet Museum in Joshua Tree, California.
"Oreo" Cookies
Orange Slice Potholder
Felted Eggs, Bacon (courtesy of Natalie), Parsley, crocheted plate
Crocheted Lemon
Crochet Taco, Permanent Collection of Crochet Museum, Joshua Tree, CA

Poison Apple
Last year, for my birthday, my friend, Diane crocheted the most adorable macarons for me. Yes, I LOVE crocheted food!
Crocheted Macarons by Diane

My friend, Audrey is crazy for crocheted food. She requested that I make her a sandwich. I love a new challenge! I found this adorable pattern on Ravelry called "Playtime Sandwich." 
Instead of using crochet cotton, I used acrylic yarn. My bread has some visible, healthy grains in it. Also, instead of Swiss cheese, I decided on good ol' American cheese.
Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato on Whole Grain Bread
The Anatomy of a Sandwich

I do think that this cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwich needs a slice of ham or SPAM, don't you? Time to find that mauve yarn!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Hysterical! Love the crocheted food, all of it!

 
At 12:37 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, Gale. I knew you'd like this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery