Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Projects

I always have some sort of yarny project in process. Usually, more than a few projects...ahem. My big projects are an L-shaped shawl that I'm crocheting with Kauni yarn that I purchased during the recent Los Angeles Yarn Crawl. 
Kauni L-Shaped Shawl in progress

One other larger project is a top-down cardigan in Noro and Malabrigo that I'm about a third of the way through.
Noro-Brigo Cardigan

I recently completed two smaller projects. One is part of a bobble challenge at the Guild. I made a wonky, bobbly stuffed sheep. I didn't follow a pattern, which is evident. I just looked at a few photos of other stuffed sheep. As a result, my sheep has splayed legs and is helplessly looking up. Kinda' sad.
My Overweight, Sad Sheep

The other project I just finished is the Fat Tabby Potholder. I like the cat, even though he's kinda' small for a potholder. I'll probably make a few more of these for gifts.
Cat Potholder

We are having a knit-a-long in our West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch. We're all knitting Brenda's Leighton Hat pattern. It's a fun knit and I'm almost done!
Ellen's "Leighton" Hat

Our neighbors were in South Africa recently. Rosina spotted this woman spinning yarn at Table Mountain, Cape Town. 
Photo by Rosina Jacobs, 2016. Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa

She bought me two skeins of this beautiful wool! Not sure what I'll make with it, probably a little shawlette, using both colors. Thanks, Rosina!
Gift Yarn from Rosina!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery