Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Astonishing Color

I needed a jolt of color on Sunday, so I drove myself over to the Bauer Pottery Showroom. Bauer is in an industrial area of Atwater, just on the border of Glendale.  After driving down San Fernando Road, you turn off on a street called Rosslyn.  The street / alley looks like this:


The castle-like mausoleums can be seen from 
Rosslyn Street

If you miss the street, look for the Bauer signs and follow the arrows.  On Sundays, there  is some sort of church luncheon on this street. Usually, there are long tables of people eating, kids in the street playing and some music. This celebration looks out of place in this alley!

Follow the signs to Bauer
After making a sharp left turn down yet another alley, you'll see the entrance to the showroom. Just park along the chain link fence.



Once inside, your senses will be shocked. The vivid colors, the sensuous shapes of the pottery, the brilliant shiny-ness of it all!  Oh My! There's usually some sort of soft music playing. Sunlight streams through the skylights. I just walk around slowly, taking it all in. Sigh.

I would like to live here, please.

Oooo...look at that beautiful blue and butter yellow!


I always see new colors and a few new shapes.  Look at that beautiful BUTTERSCOTCH color, above! It's back for a limited time.  I ended up purchasing a few more Russel Wright salad plates for my collection and a small Bauer bowl in Poppy Red for the living room.
Poppy Red Bauer
Get on the mailing list!  You'll be notified when there are special sales coming up, especially for the holiday season!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

That Poppy Red is perfect. You got your jolt!

 
At 4:47 PM PDT, Blogger LadyEEKnits said...

Oh my gosh, I did not realize that there were any potteries left in Los Angeles. I can well remember Metlox, and the Franciscan factories. I loved to buy in their yards. Next time I go I will put this on my must see list, just need to figure out how to get these beauties back to Virginia.

 
At 5:10 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

LadyEEKnits! Bauer will ship your goodies to your home! Enjoy and have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery