Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer Solstice

Sun scarf designs by VERA Neumann

SUMMER! It's the longest day of the year. Living in Southern California, we are fortunate to almost always have sunny weather. I'm a native. I love sunshine and all it represents. Of course, I do not like it when the temperatures reach over 90 degrees. In parts of sunny Southern California today, we're having record temperatures.
We live in Mid-City Los Angeles, on a mild hill. The cool breezes from Culver City waft over our neighborhood. I work in Santa Monica, not far from the beach. It is relatively cool here today too, while other parts of the City, especially the San Fernando Valley are rather warm.
This type of weather makes me want to crochet sunny things in golden colors.
Amigurumi Sun
Sunny Spread
I added a sunny Willow Square to an afghan
Floppy Brim Hat
I think I'll look through my yarn stash and see how many different shades of yellow I can find. Maybe I'll crochet another Welcome Blanket in sunny colors!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery