Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Passover and Easter Prep

Tropical Matzah House

I have to take two days off from work to cook for this weekend! Passover begins on Friday night at sundown. My family is observing on Saturday, the second night of Passover. My Cousin Carolyn and her family will be out of town this year, so Cousin Marilyn and I are dividing up her cooking assignments.
We're convening at Marilyn's and Phil's house, so Marilyn is providing most of the hot dishes, matzoh ball soup, chicken, and of course, the setting for our dinner. My cooking assignments are: Gefilte fish, charoset, fruit compote, Mediterranean rice pilaf, home-baked macaroons and cheesecake stuffed strawberries. 
The MOST delicious gefilte fish. Once cooked and cooled, you slice it into serving pieces
Charoset
Fruit Compote
Mediterranean Rice Pilaf
Home-baked Macaroons
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Of course, there are other items to bring, like sparkling water, horseradish, serving plates, ceremonial Seder plates and contents for 3 tables. Cousins Janet and Laurie will be bringing Passover wine. We will be a group of 16.
THEN, on Sunday, we're celebrating Easter at Carol's and Thane's home. I usually bring the deviled eggs, along with a few leftovers from our Passover Seder.
Deviled Eggs for Easter
I'm happy that the weather is warmer and it really is looking like Spring! I'm toying with the idea of baking this gorgeous Easter egg cake for Easter Sunday, but we usually have so many desserts, that I wouldn't want to compete!  This is rather fabulous though!
LOVE the idea of this "gay" cake from 1953!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery