Monday, August 27, 2018

Talkin' 'Bout Barbie

On Saturday at my Santa Monica knit group, The Ocean Park Fiber Artists, we were talking about knitting and crocheting for Barbie doll. One of our members, Barbara F. brought a recently purchased Barbie doll to our meeting. She knit a couple of outfits for this Barbie. Of course, this particular Barbie doll was for a little girl that Barbara babysits, but after knitting and crocheting some outfits, Barbara likes the doll so much, she is going to keep her!
Barbara's hand knit and crochet skirt and poncho set for Barbie. 
SO CUTE!

I remembered that I'd just seen a photo on Instagram from a crocheter in Mexico who made this incredible outfit in two different colorways.
LOVE these crocheted Barbie ensembles via Instagram
I let Barbara know that Nicky Epstein had written two pattern books for Barbie fashions, knit and crochet. I have both books and promised to bring them so Barbara could borrow some of the patterns.
Excellent pattern books!
I've knit, crocheted and sewn a few things for my Barbie dolls in the past. My first attempt was at the age of 8. My knitting was rather irregular, but colorful. After seeing my crazy skirt, Mom offered to knit Barbie a top. Thanks, Mom.
Skirt knitted by an 8-year old. Top by Mom
In the early 2000's, I dug out my Barbie case and decided to crochet a few items for the dolls. I used thin sock yarn and came up with a few colorful outfits!
Crocheted skirt set by Ellen. Pucci handbag by Darcy
Crocheted shawlette by Ellen. Skirt made from Chinese pajama bottoms by Mom.
It really is fun making teensy clothes. You can whip up an entire wardrobe in a few hours! During this turbulent time in our history, it's comforting to focus on the small stuff.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery