Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Crocheting

I'm always crocheting SOMETHING. I also have a few knit projects on the back burner. I just finished my scrubbies for the Ravelry Annual Scrubbie Swap. A scrubbie is basically a small washcloth. Some people use them for scrubbing pots and pans, dishes, etc. Others use them as buff-puffs or mini-facial exfoliating cloths.
I've made many scrubbies over the years, but my favorite is this year's project.  I've been wanting to make this fried egg scrubbie for years. I finally dove in last week. This is a  free Japanese pattern called the "Sunny-Side-Up Tawashi" by Hamanaka Kikaku. The directions are in Japanese, but there is a chart. Basically, the white of the egg is a circle with some longer stitches spaced around the edges. The yolk of the egg is a crocheted circle, sewed on to the white part of the egg. I stuffed a small bit of yellow cotton into the yolk before sewing. I'm quite pleased with the result!
Diagram for "Sunny-Side-Up Tawashi"

We are supposed to make tags for our scrubbies, mail them off to Scrubbie Central. Eventually, we will receive three different scrubbies back. Here's my tag:
Tag for Tawashi, with crocheted bacon and eggs

I also have a "couch" project ongoing. I'm making an afghan with my leftover bits of acrylic yarn called "The Circus Blanket" by Emma Varnam. Instead of using the corner to corner stitch like in the pattern, I'm crocheting each square with the triangle granny stitch. It's a fairly fast blanket to crochet and SO colorful!
I love how the ripple stripes are created out of triangles and squares!

My Human Blanket Caddy
I have an ongoing crochet project using this Kauni, self-striping yarn. It's a poncho that is a long rectangle. Eventually, once I finish crocheting the piece it will be folded in half with an opening for the neck. This creates a nice asymmetrical poncho. I hope I finish before the weather gets warm!
This is becoming a poncho!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Love all of these!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery