Monday, December 14, 2020

A Mitzvah for the Catholics

Ellen, Ellie, Vicki

"A Mitzvah for the Catholics." Doesn't that sound like an Alan Sherman, Mel Brooks or Adam Sandler song? The modern meaning of Mitzvah is a good deed. So, no matter who the recipient is, you performed a good deed! 

Today, I met up with my Sisters in Crochet (and ukulele), Ellie and Vicki. It was Ellie's idea to crochet warm and snuggly hats for the workers at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica.  Ellie lives in Santa Monica. I was born at St. John's (believe it or not). Vicki is just a good, giving soul. We each crocheted about 20 hats...just over 60 hats to donate to these tireless workers during this horrendous pandemic.  I do hope they enjoy the hats and it brings some warmth and comfort to their crazy lives. They deserve more!



Thank you, Ellie for the inspiration.  I'm so proud of my crochet students! For me, the Mitzvah is seeing the progress that Ellie, Vicki and Mollie have made in their crochet journey!


Photos by Larry Underhill

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM PST, Blogger blandina said...

Acts of generosity like this give me hope in humanity

 
At 12:37 AM PST, Blogger Deb said...

I agree 100%!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery