Monday, July 17, 2006

My 4th Birthday

Roxbury Park, Beverly Hills
I always love seeing vintage photos of birthday parties. Many of my bloggin' friends have posted photos of their own childhood b-day parties. Since many of my internet/knit/crochet friends are in their 30's, their photos are usually clear and colorful! I'll admit it...I'm old. The photos of my fourth birthday celebration are so faded...everything's pink! It was a long time ago at Roxbury Park in Beverly Hills. The kids at the party are my cousins and the children of my parents' friends. I wasn't in school yet, so I guess I didn't have any other playmates to invite! My brother, 7 years older than me, was helping my Mom and my Aunties with the party. It's funny, that my brother is the only one in the photos with one of those silly tissue party hats on. He always did like costumes...still does.
From left to right: Cousin Janet (peeking out from behind the crowd), Ken behind Robbie F., Ellen scowling at Robbie (holding my new Hurdy Gurdy) Marjorie B., Cousin Amie behind her sister, Cousin Barbie, Mark B., Richie L. (Initials are given to protect the innocent from any embarrasment).


Notice the b-day cake shaped like a ballgown with doll in center
That's me on the left looking at something that Margie is showing me. Allison S. is next to me pondering the cake and Cousin Janet is standing in front of her headless mom, Aunt Celia.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Opening Presents

Check out the look of wonderment and delight on my face at the gift I'm opening. Cousin Barbie (to the right) seems disinterested, while Danny B. and Mark B. look on.

Cousin Amie, Aunt Frances, Ellen in front of Grandma Freda's polkdot dress, Margie B., Cousin Barbie, Mark B. Brother, Ken with his party hat facing me. Aunt Frances was quite a beauty!!! I love that all of the girls are wearing party dresses and their Mary Jane shoes. The boys look slightly stiff and uncomfortable in their summer finery.

I'm thinking of returning to Roxbury Park next year for my birthday party. Hopefully, all of the cousins will be able to attend. We lived one block away from the park and it was like my own personal backyard playground. Our family spent many birthdays and other celebrations there. The park is still there, updated of course, but still a lovely place to spend a hot, July afternoon.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:37 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute are you?! I love these photos. I too have faded photos of my childhood, but mine are b&w faded to yellow! I like that yours are "in the pink".

Happy Birthday Week!
Lot o' Love.

 
At 4:36 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I *love* the "vintage" pix. You were some beautiful kidlets.

MonkeyGurrl had her 3rd birthday at Roxbury Park. Oddly enough, the pix are not too different than yours (except you had more kids and dressed better).

 
At 7:44 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I am so jealous of all the hair you had, I was still bald at 5 and don't have much more hair now!LOL

 
At 5:57 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister and I used to play at Roxbury Park when we were little. Remember the merry-go-round with little white horsies?

Sue
Beverly Hills

 
At 9:09 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

Your birthday photos are priceless. Absolutly beautiful and full of cherished memories. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 5:49 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respect for sharing the comment. It's very in time as I am living our shop troubles just like that, and I am exactly intending trying it myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery