Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Century of Holidays

On Saturday Larry and I attended the West Adams Heritage Association's 21st Annual Holiday Home Tour and Progressive Dinner. I must say, it was faboo! Last year, my tickets were for the 4:30 pm start time. This year, I decided to get the 3:30 pm start time. By starting the tour earlier, we had more daylight hours to really enjoy the spectacular architecture. This year's tour centered on the West Acres Tract, developed in 1902, in the Adams-Normandie Neighborhood.
We were lucky enough to have our blog-friend, Danny Miller be our tour guide for the evening. Danny lives in West Adams and is extremely well-versed in the history of the area. We visited six homes and ate five courses. There was the Appetizer House, Soup House, Fab '50's Gourmet House, Main Course House, Dessert House and one extra house of architectural interest. Most of the homes were built between 1904 and 1908, were craftsman style or Victorian in design and were beautifully restored. The food was excellent too!

We met and re-met many wonderful people along the way and had a grand time. I would definitely recommend this event as a perfect way to usher in the beginning of the holiday season!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

What beautiful architecture! It is so much fun to see what gems we have here in L.A.

 
At 5:08 PM PST, Blogger Lynn said...

I popped over from Crazy Aunt Purl's blog. Just wanted to tell you how pretty that sweater is and how well it suits you.

 
At 5:36 PM PST, Blogger Frank said...

You should have went behind the scenes at the Dinner House; you would have seen me elbow deep in sudsy water!

 
At 5:41 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

Looks like a great time and I really enjoy seeing the insides of older houses, especially when they have been so well preserved and/or restored. The food looks yummy, but I have to say - I'm really in love with that pink bath tub!

 
At 10:32 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Frank! You are a SAINT to be a volunteer at the WAHA progressive dinner! If I'd known you were in the kitchen I would have popped by to say hi!

Hey Kath! Are there ever home tours on Catalina Island?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery