Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby Knits

Saartje's Booties. Socks That Rock Yarn - "Flintstone" colorway

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I'm in a competition at my office complex to make as many baby hats and booties as possible by this Thursday! The grand prize winner gets a gift certificate to the Stitches From The Heart Yarn Shop, here in Santa Monica. An added bonus is that ALL of the hats and booties will be donated to SFTH.

I've been knitting and crocheting furiously, putting most of my other projects on the back burner. I have LOTS of hats! I will post pix of the hats toward the end of the week, after the contest.

I hadn't made any booties, so I was cruisin' ravelry and saw that many of my friends had made Saartje's Booties. This is the cutest little pattern. I used some of my Socks That Rock Blue Moon yarn in the "Flintstone" colorway for the booties.

I'm working on a little short-row beanie to match the booties, but I might not get the beanie done in time for the contest. For me, this is slow-knitting on size 4 needles. If I don't finish the beanie, then I'll hold back the booties and donate them when the set is complete.
Short-Row Baby Beanie

Best of luck to all my office complex co-knitters and co-crocheters!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:05 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those really are the cutest booties! I love the color yarn you're using. It would be good for either a boy or girl.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:36 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

Both look adorable! I've been wanting to try those booties for the new babies in my family. This is wonderful inspiration. Thanks

 
At 11:41 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

You're on fire! I've been tracking your progress on Ravelry, and all your hats are tootoo cute. Esp. the martian. And the monkey.

Isn't this bootie pattern the sweetest little thing? Yabba dabba do!

I hope you win.

 
At 9:05 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

those booties are hot!

 
At 5:44 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Am wishing your success.What a wonderful kids shoes.Thank you for sharing such post.I love read this blog as it brings vast knowledge and experience. Keep up updating the post regularly.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery