Thursday, April 17, 2008

One More Hat

Yesterday, I knit this darling little baby bonnet. It's for this contest. The pattern is called "Super Quick Baby Bonnet" by Dilys Sutherland. I really like the lace detail near the ribbing. I think I'll make a pair of booties to go with the bonnet. I used Red Heart Soft yarn in the "Leaf" colorway. With this basic pattern, you could change up the stockinet stitch with a basket weave or any lacy stitch.
Tonight, I'll be at the WeHo SnB at the Original Farmers Market. Everyone is working on various projects...some summery, some leftover wintery items. Here in L.A., it's been hot during the day (from 75 to 90 degrees) and cool at night (from 40-65 degrees). I never know what to wear!
One of my fave SnBr's, Natalie, wrote a glowing piece about me yesterday! It was so sweet of her to dedicate an entire post to me and the Eye of the Partridge stitch. I have been singing the praises of this stitch, using multi-colored yarn. The effects can be startling. Natalie explains the stitch beautifully, along with my method of quicker-knitting for throwers. Thanks for all the compliments, Natalie...you're a peach!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:32 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute bonnet, Ellen. I will have to try this pattern. Thanks. Wow! Your friend, Natalie really writes beautifully.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 12:22 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

So cute!

And I couldn't agree with Natalie more! :)

 
At 2:25 PM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

The bonnet is so sweet! That was a lovely post your friend Natalie wrote about you. What a nice friend you have! I'll definitely have to try the Eye of the Partridge stitch on my next pair of socks. It's really quite stunning.

 
At 3:38 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I know you paid off Natalie with some yarn dope, so I'm not so impressed. But I *do* love that bonnet. I don't wear hats, but I was coooooooold this winter, and I think I'd wear that bonnet. I'd prolly size it up, tho, with my big ol' head.

 
At 10:16 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

That is a too cute baby bonnet. I will have to make one up for Cookie. You always find the best patterns!

 
At 9:14 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute and surprisingly easy. Dilys said I could use the pattern to teach the library groups, so I am very happy! Even without the lace, it is a quick and adorable project.

 
At 2:29 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to make a bonnet like this one for my little girl . . and i cna't find the pattern . . do you have a copy somewhere? If so, you can email me at lindseyn.campbell@gmail.com thank you sooo much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery