Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Eye of the Partridge

Usually, this stitch is used when knitting socks...to turn the heel. The use of the slip stitches makes the heel rather strong. Recently, on the Knittyblog, I read about using this stitch with handpainted, lace-weight yarn to make a shawl. LOVELY results! Now, I'm obsessed with this stitch. Every single bit of handpainted or variegated yarn in my house has been swatched using this stitch!
A yarn in my stash, from Mary Jane's Attic, purchased last winter at the Felt Club festival at LACC seemed to work best with this stitch. The triangular, top portion of the photo above is the stitch using size 11 needles. For the swatch on the bottom, I used size 10 needles. Since shawls aren't really my thing, I cast on for a simple top-down shell. We'll see how far I can get with just one skein (260 yards) of this gorgeous hand-dyed wool.
Now, if I can just get that song, "Eye of the Tiger" out of my head while knitting!!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ooo that is a lovely stitch and the yarn is divoon!

 
At 3:38 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye of the tiger.

Does that help?? :) That is a beautiful stitch. Just one more thing to add to my horrendously growing list.

 
At 6:35 AM PDT, Blogger Lisa Carney said...

This stitch reminds me of half-linen stitch, which is also great to use with handpaints. I especially like to use 3 different yarns at the same time, doing one row of each yarn. It really mixes up textures and colors into a wonderful fabric!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery