Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Lovin' the Lace

I'm chugging along on my February Lady Sweater (brown tweed version) in between other projects. I'm finally at the lace portion of the cardigan. It is an easy 7 stitch pattern repeat, but I'm waaaay more of a crochet-lace person than knit-lace person. To help keep me on track, I needed to place markers every 14 stitches and have to refer to my crib-sheet constantly for this easy 4-row pattern. Hopefully, after a few more inches, I will have memorized the repeats.
My red "Lipstick" FLS is still at the yoke stage. I've just finished the third buttonhole. I think I might make this yoke slightly deeper than the brown tweed sweater. Also, I may switch up and do a different lace pattern or some other stitch for the body. This yarn is busy and I think that a fussy lace pattern might be too much. We'll see.
To further my excitement about this project, I've chosen buttons for both sweaters.
I love these buttons! They look like candy!
Simple Matte Black Buttons for the sophisticated cardi

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're both looking gorgeous! Love your button choices.

 
At 2:45 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

I love the candy buttons!

 
At 4:29 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You are busy, busy! Lovin' the red variegated yarn!

 
At 1:11 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

They're both looking good :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I LOVE the lipstick colour!

 
At 6:40 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great buttons and I love that red one, sheez!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery