Friday, October 03, 2008

This Weekend

Rainy Sidewalk in my Neighborhood
It's supposed to rain tomorrow (Saturday) in Los Angeles. This could be disastrous. It rarely rains in Los Angeles. Angelenos don't know how to act in the rain. Also, the L.A. Times wrote an article about the many events happening in and around Downtown L.A. tomorrow and to avoid the freeways and certain streets.

Torta and Chowder @ HomeGirl Cafe

To me, this represents a challenge. I like to go to the HomeGirl Cafe on Saturday afternoons to Stitch 'n Bitch and have lunch with the goils. I will have to seriously change-up my route to avoid the traffic mess.

There is no subway stop near my home, so I really can't utilize public transportation for this trip. Well, I could, but it would take me about 3 hours, transferring buses, getting down to a Red Line stop, then transferring at Union Station to the Gold Line. By the way, the Chinatown Gold Line Station is right across the street from the entrance to the HomeGirl Cafe for those of you who live near the Gold Line.
Minty Angela's Potion
I am determined. I will do this, even if I have to drive to the San Fernando Valley from Mid-City L.A. and then approach Downtown from the North/West. Must have carnitas and apple sandwich with corn chowder....must have Angela's Potion mint lemonade!

Stitch 'n Bitch @ the HomeGirl Cafe; Alameda and Bruno St., Downtown, Free Parking in back

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12:23 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I drove by it today so I now know where it is. I believe I shall join you gals this weekend.

 
At 2:23 PM PDT, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

I missed it last weekend but will most definately be there tomorrow! I will probably leave very early so I make sure to get there in time for a bit of lunch before the SNB at 2pm.

 
At 3:40 PM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

Wow, that's quite an article. I need to go to Michael Levine's tomorrow morning when they open so hopefully the tailgaters or the Fanalows won't be out that early. I'm all about avoiding traffic so I appreciate the heads up!

 
At 9:41 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Man, I would hole up and make my own lemonade Have fun and take your time driving. Carla and I will be driving through the desert with our hair on fire.

 
At 10:17 PM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

Good luck, girlie! From a fellow Californian :) Things get pretty crazy around here when we get wet too. That's why I'm planning on sitting on my couch with a book and my crochet allllll weekend long :)

 
At 5:48 PM PDT, Blogger LizKnits said...

Hope neither the rain nor traffic got you yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery