Friday, March 13, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Captain Hook's Ship @ Disneyland - 1956
Ellen, Roz and Kenny Bloom
I love my Mom's plaid jacket. She had red and green plaid sunglass frames to match!
Once again, I've found a couple of fun vintage photos of our Southern California lifestyle. These are pictures of a family trip to Disneyland, Anaheim. The original Disneyland opened in 1955. These photos are from January 1956. My Dad was never much of a football fan, so we always went to Disneyland on New Year's Day while everyone else was at home watching the Rose Bowl game on TV.
I was just a tiny little girl in these photos, my brother was around 10 or 11 years old. Since it was January, it was always cold when we visited the Park. I have a little kerchief on my head and I'm bundled up in my winter coat. My brother is wearing his favorite Balboa Blue Captain's outfit. He still likes to dress in costume!

The Junior Autopia, Disneyland - 1955

Ellen and Kenny Bloom

Notice how there's hardly any grown trees or plants around the Junior Autopia! It's amazing how vivid my memories are. Well, Disneyland is a vivid place, no matter what the year!

See more Vintage Photos here. Have a great weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:39 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are fantastic! I sure wish I had pics of when I was about 7 and got stuck in the highest position on the Dumbo ride while the operator did a quick fix - it seemed like an eternity and boy did I ever cry! Sadly, I don't think I have any photographic evidence that I ever went to Disneyland.

 
At 1:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Junior Autopia, Disneyland - 1955, Ellen and Kenny Bloom
LOVE THAT PIC!
b.

 
At 3:49 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

CHEZ SHOES! That happened to me, too!! I think they do it on purpose...

Ellen, how cute are y'all?! That was probably an "A" or a "B" ticket, huh? :)

 
At 4:07 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are totally fun and cool! Sorry I forgot you, you are added to the mix now!
Cheers,
Tracey

 
At 12:16 AM PDT, Blogger Megalion said...

So cute! And the ship looks the SAME!
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=1630900&id=631372830

(some photos of the ship's interior in that album too)

I was just at Disneyland this Wednesday though those photos are from Feb 15th. Bought an annual pass that day and fulfilling one of my "things to do in my life" which is to have an annual pass to a park and go a lot. It's a different experience when you go knowing that there's no rush to get on every ride everytime!

More relaxing :)

 
At 11:15 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

You have a super stylish family!

You and your brother in the car is precious. If it didn't have that big ole bumper wrapped around the car you could be taking it to the streets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery