Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Granny Gorgeous!

Granny Babette Afghan, in progress

I've been working away steadily on my Granny Babette afghan. This is a couch project. I can't be hauling around 50 skeins of yarn with me! As you can see by my progress, I sit on the couch quite often.
I'm LOVING how this project is coming together. By varying the sizes of the afghan squares, the pattern stays challenging and interesting. I'm joining the squares as I go, so I have to make color decisions on the spot...another challenge.
I've seen other Babette Afghans where the crocheter has planned the colors, usually limiting their palette to one color family. I do like that look, but I wanted this afghan to be a stash buster. I'm thinking of making another Babette in black, white and varying shades of gray (with a small punch of color) for our new bedroom. Sort of like this one.
I'll probably crochet two more sections for this blanket and add a border. It's really fun to work on!
REMINDER:
WORLD WIDE KNIT IN PUBLIC DAY! Hope you can join us this Saturday!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1:03 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

It is looking colorific!

I like the black and white one too.

 
At 1:26 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

So wonderful! (but you knew I'd say that). I love the little ones lined up next to the big.
Are the squares shown in the Babette pattern also considered granny squares ? They look different. Sort of clueless crocheter here.

 
At 1:52 PM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

Looks Awesome!!!!! Many kudos for your use of color and joining the squares as you go!

 
At 4:19 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Your trove of projects is truly endless! I love this throw! The colors and varying patterns make it seem so happy and cheerful.

 
At 7:08 PM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

loves it! I love the monotone one, too... I think it would be gorgeous with pops of RED :)

 
At 12:39 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

You're a crocheting wonder Ellen! The blanket is awesome. I LOVE it!!!

 
At 5:26 AM PDT, Blogger smdenbo said...

I think the assorted colors look grand! It amazes me how many you used and how glorious they look next to one another.

 
At 6:45 AM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

You are the "Grannyy Square Qeen"!
They look wonderful, my project is resting.

 
At 8:55 AM PDT, Anonymous Kyle Kunnecke said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I bought this pattern and TONS of yarn and mailed it to my mom to get her to make me one of these... but she hasn't even opened the box from what I hear... (sad) - that was about a year ago... :(

oh well... I was trying to get her more active and to the point where she wanted to create something but sounds like she's so depressed (long story) that it's not happening...

yours is gorgeous though... I bet I could make one of these even with my limited crochet ability!!

 
At 8:59 AM PDT, Blogger Lynda said...

Ellen,
I'm in awe of your constant array of beautiful completed projects. You are truly an inspiration.

 
At 12:28 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks so much for all the positive comments everyone! You know I appreciate the attention!!!

 
At 1:06 PM PDT, Blogger joulesB said...

I love this. I got the pattern and decided i want going to do it as solid squares but granny ones. having spent month on a Join as you Go granny throw for my DD (all the same size) i wondered if it would work for the babette......and there it is!

thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery