Monday, June 15, 2009

Stitchin' in Public

Karyn Crochets @ The Original Farmers Market
I attended two World Wide Knit (and crochet) in Public groups on Saturday. First thing in the morning I met up with the WeHo SnB group at the Original Farmers Market. About 12 of us showed up. We had a grand time, sitting, knitting, crocheting, eating breakfast and talking endlessly about yarn!

Later in the afternoon, I zoomed over to Clover Park in Santa Monica. I was so happy to be sitting outside in the park, knitting with my friends from the Fairview Knitters Group, that I forgot to take photos. There were about 8 of us in attendance. The park was busy and the weather was glorious. Of course, my favorite attendee was Ana's puppy, Lucy. She likes to sit on yarn.

Ana & Lucy @ Clover Park

8 Comments:

At 1:12 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Yay. It was nice to get out of the house and knit with friends.

That Lucy is a cutey pup.

 
At 2:29 PM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks for all the photos, Ellen! It was a fun get-together :-)

 
At 3:36 PM PDT, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

That's my grandson there! Ain't he cute? I didn't get any knitting done but I am always up for the bitch part of SNB.

 
At 3:38 PM PDT, Blogger Enid said...

the slide show was marvellous. showing just how a group should be. what is Karyn making?

 
At 3:41 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Enid,
Karyn is crocheting a blanket using chunky yarn, a large crochet hook and the diagonal stitch!

 
At 9:40 PM PDT, Anonymous Kyle Kunnecke said...

looks like you had a great time!

I'm planning on attending the SNB on Thursday :) - hope to see you there! maybe you can help me figure out how to crochet a spiderweb (for my freeform shawl) :)

 
At 7:07 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Clever girl! Your blog is so much fun. Had a great time at the group, such a diverse bunch - makes it interesting.

 
At 11:04 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Dogs and babies and yarn. Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery