Thursday, October 01, 2009

Albuquerque

Today we spent the morning and early afternoon exploring Albuquerque. The highlight was our visit to the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History . This is a fairly new building. It's really very impressive and has some fantastic exhibits all about the atom bomb, radiation and more.There are many interactive exhibits, films and historic relics from the era, including many kitschy atomic toys and such (below).

No wonder the colors of modern-day Fiesta aren't that great!
Later today we drove out to Rio Rancho, a suburb of Albuquerque, and spent the evening with my old high school friend Shayne, her husband Keith, son John and their foreign exchange student from Holland, Liz. We're having a great time and are really tired. More tomorrow.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:02 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have yellow California pottery pieces. I wonder if they are buzzing radioactivity too?!

Love the travel posts.
Hugs,
Christine G.

 
At 9:39 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

very interesting about the radioactive colors. Can't wait to hear & learn more from the road.

 
At 9:40 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I just came across your block. Having lived in Southern California when I was a kid - Downey from when I was 5 to 10 and having spent a lot of time in New Mexico - your blog is making me a bit nostoligc as well as homesick. I lived in Downey in the 50s - gosh light years ago. Just wanted to say I am really enjoying your description of your travels and the photos. I am slowly getting caught up on your archives. Best - Hester from Atlanta

 
At 9:15 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Love the Atomic soap. They don't make products like that anymore.Glad you're having such a good time! (But we miss you.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery