Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fin!


I've crocheted yet ANOTHER granny triangle shawl out of Noro Kureyon (worsted weight) yarn. Crocheting with worsted weight yarn, using a size "J" hook is super fast! My co-worker, Courtney is the tall shawl model!
Once again, I used Doris Chan's border from her "All Shawl" for the border. You can find Doris' pattern on Ravelry for free.

Granny Triangle Shawl

Along the top edge of the shawl I crocheted a reverse single crochet stitch, commonly known as the Crab Stitch. I think it gives the piece a nicely finished edge.
I now have plenty of gift shawls on hand for the upcoming holidays as well as for a few birthdays.

Yesterday at our workplace holiday gift fair I sold out all of my baby sweaters. My co-worker, Amy purchased a little "Bruin Baby" cardigan for her little boy, Jack. The cardi fits Jack perfectly!

What a Cutie Pie!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 12:55 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

You just have a way with colors, your shawls are very distinctive. The baby sweater is so cute on the little guy.

 
At 1:26 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Oh so cute!!!

 
At 5:05 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

OMG! that baby is so cute in your fab sweater.

I *heart* crochet.
Love the shawl

 
At 7:27 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

It looks like you knit that sweater just to go with that baby's eyes. Perfectly adorable.
And you know I love those shawls. It is the details of the edges that do it. Those Noro greens just kill me.

 
At 3:15 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, I'm loving the shawls. You have magic fingers to whip them up so fast. Linda from MD

 
At 4:17 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know how you knit and crochet so much so fast- and everything looks fantastic. That baby sweater is adorable and the baby seems so happy wearing it.

 
At 4:18 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

That last comment was really me - Chelle (I'm on husband's computer)

 
At 4:45 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that little sweater. IT would make the perfect baby shower gift that I am attending on Sunday...oh well! I will not get to post VPF since I will be at my daughters...but will be checking in on Saturday with some great photos of Holiday for Her event that we are taking part in Friday night. Have a great weekend!

 
At 8:51 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

WOW. That baby!! In that sweater!!! What Gale said - it fits him perfectly (just enough room to grow through the winter) and the colors!! And of course, the shawl is gorgeous. I really am impressed.

 
At 10:42 AM PST, Blogger Marsha said...

I love all your Noro triangle granny shawls. Maybe you've already answered this but can you do it again for us - how many skeins of the Noro worsted do you you use to make the shawl with Doris Chan's All Shawl border? BTW, a triangle granny shawl with fringe in white Red Heart was my very first crochet project in the 60's!!

 
At 5:50 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Marsha,

For the Noro Kureyon worsted weight shawls, I used almost 4 skeins of yarn. That includes the border!

For the Noro SOCK YARN shawls, I use 2 skeins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery