Thursday, October 29, 2009

Calendar

Last Year's "Grim Ripper" and "Spider Granny"
First order of business is tonight's Stitch 'n Witch at the Original Farmers Market, 7-9pm. I know I've been blogging about this endlessly, but it's really going to be fun and I want you all to attend! Here are the details, once again:

Thursday, October 29, 7-9 pm at the Original Farmer’s Market, 3rd & Fairfax in the dining room upstairs from Kip’s Toyland. The annual costume contest will feature VAMPIRES! Vamps are all the rage, so we will have a best vampire costume category. The other two categories are: Best Use of Yarn, and Most Creative Costume. There will be prizes! This is always a great night for us SnBer’s who love to get creative! So if you are new, come on out if you have been AWOL, come on back if you are in the neighborhood. Maybe bring some treats to share and most definitely bring your creative spirit.

This weekend, there are all kinds of Halloween-ish things to do. Check this link and this one too.
On Saturday afternoon I'll be at the bonus, 5th Saturday, meeting of the Fairview Knitters from 3:30-5:30 in Santa Monica. Who knows what sort of Halloween treats will be served?
If you like crowds of costumed people, check out the West Hollywood Costume Carnival on Saturday night! Also, check here for more Halloween fun in the Los Angeles area!
On Sunday, I'm attending the Southern California Handweavers' Guild Weaving & Fiber Festival Annual Autumn Show & Sale at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center. I'm car-pooling with my Sometimes Sunday crochet group. I attended last year and had a great time. There are spinners, weavers, knitters and crocheters all over the place. Hopefully, it will remain chilly so we can wear our handknits!

Yarn in Torrance at last year's Fest

5 Comments:

At 1:19 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...it looks like you have been having just too much fun while I was away at my sister's! I LOVE the Spider Granny costume. Have a fun weekend. Hope to post VPF tomorrow.

 
At 1:46 PM PDT, Blogger ms. newbill said...

I'll be there in costume. Bringing a big batch of corpse finger cookies.

 
At 1:15 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I need to get a copy of that picture!

 
At 2:14 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think last years halloween picture counts as vintage! LOL

 
At 4:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Donna!
Yes, this is last year's costume picture. Vintage Photo Friday is Friday! This was Thursday's post!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery