Friday, October 16, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Sisters: Roz, Celia and Mae with Lil' Ellen
Am I the only one posting vintage photos on Fridays? There used to be a whole group of us! Oh well, no matter. I LOVE vintage photos and will try to keep posting them on Fridays, whether they're my photos or from free sites on the net!
Today's photos are from my brother's Bar Mitzvah reception at the Sportman's Lodge in Studio City, CA. The year is 1958. I was wearing a pale pink party dress, corsage and a little pink hat. It was my first big party. I think I had a good time. I must have had a good time. There I am sitting next to my bewildered cousin Janet, hat gone, singing show tunes to the accompaniment of a violin, accordion and piano! I must have had too many Shirley Temple cocktails!
Janet and Ellen, Sportsman's Lodge, 1958
The Sportsman's Lodge is under rennovation right now. It has quite a history! I'm looking forward to seeing how the Lodge changes. From what I've heard, there will be fewer hotel rooms and more event facilities.

Ellen and the Bar Mitzvah Boy, Ken

Have a wonderful weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:38 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Our organization holds meetings at the Sportsman's Lodge. Judging from the invoices, I'm sure it's more lucrative.

I'm preparing a VPF post.

 
At 3:55 PM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

My scanner/printer broke, so I don't have access to one anymore! Plus, I've been MIA on my blog for a while because I just haven't felt like writing... But I love reading yours!

 
At 8:01 PM PDT, Anonymous Oleandersales said...

I am still bewildered : God help me: but I manage. Off to Paris at Thanksgiving so will miss the family. Your trip looks fantastic and the purchases interesting. Love that vintage monster toy.
So when is the room warming party?????????
Cousin Jan the bewildered one.

 
At 8:57 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

I would love to join you if I had such a rich library of vintage photos, but I only have about a dozen photos. You also come up with the perfect vignettes along with something charming to say about them. Please don't give them up, I really enjoy the tidbits of history your share with us.

 
At 12:45 PM PDT, Anonymous donna said...

Ellen, look at your cute little self! At least you and I are keeping the VPF going. I love the pictures and a peek into the past.

 
At 9:43 AM PDT, Anonymous Oleandersales said...

Don't stop the vintage photo Friday!!! I have learned all about the Bloom side. I should submit photos from our side!!But like who cares it's not my blog Ha HA HA. If I had a blog it would be boring with no followers Ha HA. Listen that's why you were a radio show personality. You've got talent.

 
At 1:27 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love the photos and that you had a corsage. That's fancy!

 
At 5:23 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ironically, I *just* heard something on the news about the grand reopening of the Sportsmans Lodge after a (2?)-year renovation! Must be a pretty nice place (although, Studio City? Isn't that somewhere in "The Valley"?!)

Love the dress, corsage, and how happy you all look. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery