Thursday, October 15, 2009

Calendar

Lots of events coming up this weekend in the Los Angeles area. Here are a few:
Saturday, 4th Annual Pico Blvd. Artwalk and Car Show, Santa Monica...from Centinela to the Beach: This sounds like lots of fun. In addition to art and cars, there are a few yarn and fabric stores along this stretch of Pico too!
Sunday, Depot Day @ Travel Town, Griffith Park. Like trains? Like Griffith Park? 'Nuff said.
Saturday and Sunday: Beverly Hills Affaire in the Garden. Excellent people-watching opportunities, along with interesting art and close-by restaurants!
LAX Theme Building, Architect Paul Williams
Coming up, Sunday November 8th is the L.A. Conservancy's Modern Committee Tour called "The Sixties turn 50." I'm really looking forward to this event. The tour centers around the Westchester, airport area of Los Angeles. We love highlighting mid-20th century architecture! Get your tickets now!
I'm almost done with my first knitted scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I hope to finish it this weekend and mail it to the Orphan Foundation of America. One more scarf to crochet!
I'm also thinking about Larry's blue slipover. I traded a ton o' yarn with Heather and received some really nice Cascade 220 Superwash in the perfect shade of blue. I saw this great cable-stitch-like pattern online the other day. I swatched the Cascade, size 8 needles, hoping to use this pattern down the center-front of Larry's sweater. I think I might have to go down a needle size to 7 for a perkier, tighter rib. I'm also planning on adding traditional cables down the center of the sleeves. I'm still fiddling with the pattern for this top-down pullover. What are you working on now? Christmas and Chanukah projects?

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 12:32 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading the words "The Sixties turn 50" just made me feel really, really old :)

 
At 12:43 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! I hear you, Chez Shoes! If you feel old, then I must be ANCIENT! Oy!

 
At 12:45 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I really like your blue swatch. Thanks for linking to that pattern. I may just make a few of those scarves for holiday gifts!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:12 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

I am working on Winter Holiday presents for all of my wonderful friends! and a red scarf -- altho I'm almost done with that.

 
At 4:14 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Hee, hee. Mr. Larry gets a "perkier, tighter rib"!!

 
At 6:22 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

The thought of having to define my WIP's - yikes, and I keep thinking of pulling out yarn and starting new stuff. The blue yarn looks like a great color, cant' wait to see your creation.

 
At 6:07 AM PDT, Anonymous donna said...

I should be so inspired! I am thinking about gifts...just haven't put the thinking into motion yet!

 
At 8:13 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Ah, Griffith Park. I was married there once.

 
At 1:29 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love the basketweave stitch and the color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery