Monday, October 19, 2009

Re-Inspiration

Carla e-mailed me last week saying that she was inspired by my current jag of granny square crocheting. She's attempting to crochet her own granny square afghan. I'm so proud of her! Carla's a seamstress, knitter and crafter extraordinaire. She only dabbles in crochet when coerced to help out with group projects or for small additions to her knitted items. This is Carla's first granny square...all on her own! It's gorgeous!
Granny Square by Carla
Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Wool
Since I inspired Carla, she has re-inspired me to continue with my off-white bordered granny-ghan. I've been trying to come up with a simple wedding afghan design for my second cousin, Mike and his bride, Ellie. I think this will be the perfect gift. Once I've decided the afghan is large enough I'll crochet a very romantic, lacy off-white border on this masterpiece!

Wedding Afghan
Vanna's Choice Yarn
Thanks for the inspiration, Carla!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 4:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I get married again, will you make me one? Just kidding! Maybe I will pull my hooks out again one of these days.

 
At 5:26 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

If I get married again, will you shoot me? :) You are inspirational in your granny squaritude, tho. I know Carla's not the only one who you have motivated to pick up the hook and string...

 
At 5:32 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh MonkeyGurrrrrl...you are soooo funny!

 
At 6:06 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Hey, thanks for posting my square, Ellen! I'm so pleased with it. You were right all along, making grannies is a hoot, and they are the building blocks of fashion!

BTW, the grannyghan is looking awesome!

 
At 9:08 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ellen...what would all us part timers in crochet do without you to remind us of the fundamentals? We would be lost without you!

 
At 8:05 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

Your colorful granny afghan is gorgeous. What's hiding underneath the afghan....it looks bumpy and mysterious!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 8:06 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Judy! Hiding underneath my granny ghan is all the YARN that I'm using to make those colorful squares!!

 
At 10:29 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do granny squares too. but since I don't sew (like, at ALL) I just keep up with the pattern and make the one square a whole blanket. it's really easy and I think it keeps my interest longerhttp://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10720_1233706559269_1127311996_786983_2900947_n.jpg

 
At 7:13 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

That white edged granny is a winner, they are going to love it. Amazing wharta differnce the white edge (instead of black or dark) makes.

 
At 6:00 PM PDT, Blogger Enid said...

for a first time granny square, Carla has done marvellous!!!!

Mike and Ellie, should be absolutley thrilled with the completed blanket. will we see it when edging applied?

 
At 3:34 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Hey, thanks Enid!

 
At 1:30 PM PDT, Blogger Annemarie's Haakblog said...

Love your granny squares!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery