Monday, October 26, 2009

Score!

green frames were NOT working for us
On Friday night Larry and I zoomed over to L.A. Eyeworks for their eyeglass frame sale. We met up with Natalie and Joe. We had a grand time trying on frames. Everyone in the place turns into your best friend and offers their opinion on the coolest looking frames for you. We ran into a few other four-eyed friends. It's always a fun event.
Orange/Pink Glamour Girls

Ellen's New Frames

Larry's New Frames

Larry and I both bought three pairs. We each bought the round, black Harry-Potterish frames. We left Natalie and Joe at the shop...they were still deciding.

Natalie and Joe look like movie stars!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 4:21 PM PDT, Anonymous Cousin Jan said...

OH my Gawd I love all of your new frames. Do you get a discount on the prescriptions also??

They are to tu

 
At 4:30 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Jan,

Yes, L.A. Eyeworks gives you a 10% discount of having your glasses made if you order them within a week of purchasing the frames.
I have an optician that is far less expensive than L.A. Eyeworks, even with their discount. I go to Westside Optical on Fairfax, south of 3rd St. It's a funky little shop next door to a pizza shop or a bagel place. They do excellent work and charge far less than any other place I've used.

 
At 6:18 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

I'll definitely have to keep your info on hand for the cheaper lenses. I'll bet the red & mother of pearl? frames look fab on you, the other two are funky and fab too.

 
At 9:45 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of your frames, Ellen. I wish I lived closer to L.A. The shop looks fantastic!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 12:03 AM PDT, Blogger jackie said...

Westside Optical on Fairfax, south of 3rd St? I'm going based on yur suggestion. I absolutely LOVE your blog. Love it! and am putting you on my blogroll...:)

 
At 3:06 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen....I love, love, love your new frames. Wish I lived close enough to splurge. I love to change glasses with my moods, however, too expensive. Maybe I'll take a trip to LA and go crazy. It's only money, right?

Linda in MD

 
At 5:28 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

That looks like the best event a 4eyes could ever ask for. If I lived within driving distance I'd SO be there.
Love all your new specs, have fun with them.

 
At 1:06 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oh, I wish you got the pink/orange specs. They looked FABOO on you!!

 
At 2:22 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Joe got the Bob Evans that he is wearing in the picture. I was more utilitarian this year, I mean how many blue pairs can you have?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery