Thursday, November 05, 2009

Holiday Gifts

I've been working away for over 8 months on this year's holiday gifts. The Gift o' the Year is a a hand-crocheted shawl. I've been experimenting with multi-colored yarns, sock yarns, worsted weight yarns and more. I've made Seraphina Shawls, Granny Triangle Shawls and Rectangular Shawls. I'm kinda' shawled-out.
HOWEVER, I'm smitten with the combo of any striping Noro yarn and this granny triangle shawl (which is really a scarf pattern - Ravelry link). I can't stop making them! I'm working on another one right now! They're fast and gorgeous (just like I USED to be in the OLD days)! (rimshot).
Thanks to my tall co-worker, Courtney for being America's Next Top Shawl Model!
All my yarny friends are going to receive FABULOUS gifts this year!!!
For calendar items for this weekend, check the L.A. Times, L.A. Weekly, L.A. Conservancy and yesterday's blog post!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:30 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I feel fortunate if I knit one gift! You are so prolific. One of my friends knit me a little sweater for my birthday. It takes me so long to knit anything like that that I cannot possibly give them away! I belong to Selfish Knitters on Ravelry.

 
At 2:19 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I love every one your Noro crochet shawls I see, but the way the stripes fell in this one might be my favorite. Which Noro yarn are you using?

 
At 3:13 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

You know I am loving the triangle shawl right now.

 
At 3:51 PM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Love those colors!

 
At 5:04 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

The triangle shawl is fab! It has such a nice drape and the colors - Wow!!!

 
At 5:10 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Aw, heelllllll... I love you're craftiness (yes, you *are* a god!), but dude - that rimshot is the BOMB. I need to put that on my computer so I can use it ALL. THE. TIME.

.... still laughing...

 
At 9:02 AM PST, Anonymous donna said...

I'm loving all those colors...pretty and very retro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery