Monday, November 02, 2009

Torrance Weaving & Fiber Fest

Torrance Cultural Center
On Sunday, the "Sometimes Sunday Crocheters" and I zoomed down to Torrance (thanks for driving, Beth). We had a grand time at the Southern California Handweavers' Guild Weaving & Fiber Festival Annual Autumn Show & Sale. We saw many friends and Ravelers, LOTS of yummy yarn and roving, weaving and spinning demonstrations, a fashion show, buttons, beads and books! It was a sensory overload!
Carol, checking on yarn stash via cellphone
Shopping!
Thanks for snapping our picture, Jamie!
My studio is OVERFLOWING with yarn, but of course I had to purchase a couple of bargains from Newton's Yarn Country, Anaheim.
Superwash Merino, Sock Weight

This is one of the more enjoyable little festivals held in the Southern California area. It's only a one-day fest, but it's chock full 'o yarn and fun! Thanks, ladies...I had a great time!

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 5:06 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

uh... WOW. I wudda lost my shirt if I'd gone. And you got away with only TWO skeins?!

 
At 5:37 PM PST, Anonymous Julie Hurwitz said...

I'm so sorry I didn't make it. Family obligations with my aunt in town.

 
At 5:45 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Good times were had in Torrance. What a great day. I have been fondling my fiber all day.

 
At 6:03 PM PST, Blogger Suzanne said...

Looks like a lot of fun.

 
At 6:26 PM PST, Blogger Leah said...

I missed you, got there earlier and then went off to lunch with friends.
I see you snagged that sock yarn I was eying from Newtons.The multicolored one, glad you got it not me!

 
At 6:52 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

Ooops! I meant to go to this one, got distracted. Glad to see that you had a great time, sorry I missed the yarn bargains, could have used a little more for my yarn stash (that's what I've been knitting from).

 
At 9:35 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

I found out later in the day that my mother went! I told her that I wished she'd let me she was thinking of going since even though I couldn't go I knew so many people who would be there and she could have made wonderful new knit friends!

 
At 3:13 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy yarn....looks like a fun time. Linda in MD

 
At 11:01 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the round thingys in the middle picture? Looks interesting!

 
At 3:35 PM PST, Blogger Brenda said...

Ooooh, I would have loved to go.... looks like a hoot! I am in Sydney fondling my granddaughter....

 
At 7:27 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Now I know what I need -- a granny square poncho. Like, now!

 
At 8:01 PM PST, Anonymous Peggy said...

Always a fun time at the Fiber Festival! So glad you stopped to say hi, Ellen. How flattered I am that you posted the picture you took of me and Kim.
Off to ponder/fondle the yarn I bought and try to decide what items they will become.

 
At 8:24 PM PST, Blogger Stephknits3 said...

Hi Ellen! I am really behind in my blog reading due to nursing school, but how fun to see your pics from the Torrance shin-dig. And even cooler to see you met my mom, Peggy Baxter! Wish I could have gone to this event!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery