Friday, November 06, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Kindergarten, Beverly Vista Elementary School
Top Row, L-R: Gary, Debbie, Bill, Joyce, Joel, Sheri, Harry, Leslie, Phil
Middle Row, L-R: Keith, Dana, Leonard, Judy, Randy, Ellen, Joe, Nina, Ria
Botton Row, L-R: Karen, Chuck

I've been working lately with my ol' high school classmates on our upcoming reunion. It's next year, but we had to set a date so we could secure a venue. This is NOT an easy task, because we have NO BUDGET! Of course, we're looking for someplace on the Westside of Los Angeles, close to our beloved Beverly Hills High School. The amount of work to put this together is staggering. Luckily, the internet has been a huge help in being able to find alumni.
Soooooo, I've been scouring my closets and cupboards for old photos to post on our Class Facebook group. I finally found my elementary school photos!
I present little Ellen, with her kindergarten class (above) at Beverly Vista Elementary School:

I just love how my Mom styled my coiffure! The crooked center part and uneven, chopped haircut certainly compliments my toothless grin! Hey! I was 5.

More VPF.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:25 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

HAH. I clicked "enbiggen" on the class photo before reading the post, and I *totally* had you picked out!! It was easy - all I had to do is look for the cutest kid. AND I WAS RIGHT! Love when that happens. (Okay, in complete disclosure, for a second, I considered Ria, but went back to my original choice.)

Happy weekend!

 
At 1:02 PM PST, Blogger crafty diane said...

My friend had her 40th class reunion this past summer and she did a really neat slide show presentation with old class pictures. She had it fixed up on her laptop and then connected that to a projector and so the show was able to run over and over during the whole reunion. Lots of her classmates sent her pictures to use for this. Prom pictures and other such pictures as well as yearbook photos.

Hope you have a great reunion!
Blessings,
Diane

 
At 2:08 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

GREAT idea about the slide show, Diane!!! Thanks!

 
At 2:20 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Ellen are you sure your mom didn't forget it was picture day? You're mom was all about styling you up to the nines. Roz would never send you to school with a crooked part on picture day.

 
At 3:43 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Too cute! Have a good weekend!

 
At 4:23 PM PST, Anonymous Donna said...

You are so cute...then and now! I love the Peter Pan collar.

 
At 6:06 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

I got the BIGGEST laugh, your photo is so cute! My mother would always pull my hair back in a really, really tight ponytail that would give me a huge headache - or better yet she actually wound my long hair around - when I saw Princess Leah in Star Wars - I wondered if someone saw me as a child (giggle).

 
At 11:51 AM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

My class is having it's reunion in June. They have hired a company to do all the leg work. We are having it at the Beverly Hills Country Club (the old Standard Club) on Motor and Manning. Have you looked in to this at all?

I do love all the old photos you post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery