Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Start-itis

A new year and a whole new crop of projects. Hi, my name is Ellen and I suffer from "start-itis." That is, starting new projects without finishing up the old ones! Guilty.
It's been chilly at night here in Los Angeles I just wanted a warm and wooly sweater to snuggle up in. I searched through my stash and found six skeins of this Homespun-like knock-off yarn called "Olde Tyme Rainbow" in brown and gold tones. There's 186 yards to each skein and it was really inexpensive. Bonanza! I picked up my size 10-1/2 circular needles and cast of for my standard top-down cardigan. The stripes in this yarn have long color runs. Since I didn't want wide horizontal stripes for this sweater, I switched off every two rows using separate skeins. The result: Skinny stripes. I kinda' like it. I'm done knitting the body. Next, I have to pick up the sleeve stitches and knit on those for awhile. I'll probably just knit a 2 x 2 rib using size 10 circulars so I don't have to decrease. Yeah, I'm lazy. I'm hoping to finish this snuggle-puff cardi this weekend in time for our "big" rainstorm.
What are you working on right now?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I think most of us suffer from Start-itis. I know I do in a big way. I currently have mittens, a hat, a scarf, a sweater, and fingerless mitts on needles in various stages of knit.

 
At 6:37 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

Start-itis, well I wouldn't have the slightest idea what that is (tee hee). The top will be nice and cozy for our cold California weather. Maybe we'll get to wear our coats this storm. I have Monday off and may just watch movies and home and knit.

 
At 8:05 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Oof. It goes against my grain entirely, what with being somewhat OCD...but I have far too many Start-Itis projects sitting in a dark room where the door can be shut.

 
At 6:50 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love the skinny stripes, I think you've got a winner there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery