Monday, June 28, 2010

Oilcloth

Early Saturday morning I set out for Highland Park (between Chinatown and Pasadena) to the Oilcloth International warehouse sale. Cathy of California tipped me off to the sale. I LOVE oilcoth. The bright prints and colors just knock me out. It's so practical too. We have an oilcloth print on our kitchen table. I've long been a consumer of oilcloth totes and handbags. They make exceptional gift items too.
Apparently, I didn't get to the sale early enough. The driveway in front of the warehouse was packed with people buying huge rolls of oilcloth, remants, totebags, aprons, zippered bags, placemats and more. I managed to snag some items, but not half as many little totes or pouches that I anticipated. Sigh.
I'm on the mailing list now, so I'll know when their next sale is planned. You just cannot own enough vinyl totebags!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:09 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, looks like fun! I'll have to check that out next year!

 
At 8:44 AM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Next time give me a heads up, I love oilcloth too.

 
At 4:09 PM PDT, Anonymous Liz S said...

I really wanted to go too as I love oil cloth. I had the House of Ruth event at the same time. Did you buy much?

 
At 4:13 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Liz,
I zoomed over early in the morning because I had an event at noon back on the Westside. I bought about 3 totes, 5 or 6 various sized pouches, a couple of aprons and some water bottle cozies. I didn't buy any yardage because I know it would just sit there with the rest of my fabric!

 
At 4:38 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I'm salivating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery