Friday, February 04, 2011

Art Car?

A few weeks ago, I was driving east on the Santa Monica Freeway toward home. I saw this silver object in my peripheral vision. I tried to zoom ahead to see what kind of car it was. Turns out, it was a modified Volvo Station Wagon, painted silver with all sorts of objects attached to it. It was wacky, that's for sure. The Volvo headed south and I drove east. I tried to get a photo, but we're not even supposed to talk on our cellphones while driving in California, let alone snap photos! I did a bit of research and found out that this auto was filmed by some other curious person. I couldn't find any other references to the car except for sightings around California.
Well, lo and behold, last night after knitting a bit with the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch group at the Original Farmers Market, I walked out to my parked car, near Dupar's and there it was!!! The wacky silver art car that I was chasing on the freeway a few weeks back. The "Dub Robot" was parked under a glowing light. I snapped numerous shots.

There are all sorts of things attached to this car and painted silverIce Tray, painted silver, attached to hood
You just never know what will turn up in the Farmers Market parking lot. One night Larry and I saw the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile parked there.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and if you're having a Super Bowl party, have fun! The Super Bowl of Crochet will be goin' on at our house!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awesome to see this car weeks later just right there in front of you for all your picture taking pleasure LOL!! It's a cool looking car, definitely an art car :)

 
At 11:36 PM PST, Blogger BOB said...

Great find, I added it to Art Car Central, http://artcar.blogspot.com/2011/02/c-3pos-car-found-parked-in-la-called.html

 
At 8:10 AM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

What a find! Obviously it was meant to be snapped by you.

 
At 10:27 AM PST, Blogger Z said...

Thank you for the pictures!

I've seen weird cars in my day. Sometimes people with a political statement or some other world view, but it looks like this person just wanted to put things on their car, just because they could.

Neat.

 
At 8:25 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

The ice tray really makes a statement. heehee.
I am glad you and the dub got to meet while not moving.

 
At 9:28 AM PST, Blogger RUSHI said...

A Lot of Car Dealers List

Car Dealers Used Cars

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery