Thursday, September 08, 2011

Hiking

View of L.A. from atop the Overlook, November 2010

Last night I met up with my friend Eve to hike up to the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook. Eve, Lisa and I have been meeting sporadically on Wednesday evenings to walk around our neighborhood. I've been trying to walk at least 3 times a week....maybe just a mile. Trust me, getting me off the couch when I'd much rather sit and knit is quite a task. Eve is a very motivating person.
The Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook is a relatively newish park built at the base of Blair Hills in Culver City. There's a trail that winds gently up to the top of the hill, then there are grueling stairs that take you straight up the hill at quite an incline. We opted to take the trail.
It was dusk, but we could still view the City from the trail. It's a very invigorating hike. At the very top is a beautiful Visitors Center with exhibits about the surrounding geography.

Visitors Center, Safdie Rabines, architects

At 7pm, it was like a big party on that trail! There were tons of people hiking up and down. Parking on Jefferson was scarce. This is a very popular exercise spot. I hope to visit again soon.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

That looks really nice! I will have to try it sometime. Do you have any idea as to the distance?

 
At 4:08 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

OK, I clicked on your handy hyperlink to discover that it is a one mile hike up to the top. Don't know if that is via the steps or the trail. Still looks quite nice.

 
At 12:02 PM PDT, Blogger blandina said...

I will be walking on this trail the next time that I come to LA...pretty soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery