Thursday, May 03, 2012

Komodo Cafe

8809 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90035

The Komodo Truck now has a cafe.  A real restaurant where you can sit, eat and relax.  Komodo is on Pico Blvd., just west of Robertson, next door to Radio Shack.  This area has recently been named the "Kosher Corridor" for all of the kosher restaurants in the blocks between La Cienega and Beverly Dr.  Komodo does NOT serve kosher food.  Easy street parking.

Larry and I shared  the Classic Caesar Salad.  It was delicious and plentiful.  I would definitely order this again as a main entree with chicken or shrimp added for just $2.


Larry had the special of the day, which was a Kraut Dog Panini with grilled onions, peppers, some divine dressing on a soft, eggy bun. 

I ordered the Java Bowl, Indonesian Shredded Pork Rendang Braised in Coconut w/ Tomato and Cucumber bits on top. 


I ordered the Lychee Lemonade and Larry ordered the Mango Citrus drink....unlimited refills.
We were delighted with our choices.  The service was fast, efficient and friendly.  The place is small, but spotless.  I'm betting they do a great take-out biz too.  This is gourmet food at reasonable food-truck prices!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Richard Henderson said...

Ellen!

Read your entry on Komodo, jetted right over for lunch. It was everything you said it would be, right down to the Java rice bowl (my choice).

What with this, Post & Beam and I've forgotten what else, you're batting 1000 in my books.

Thanks!
RH

 
At 2:07 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Awwww...Richard...you're so sweet! We'll definitely be returning to Komodo too! We're FINALLY getting some good restaurant options in our 'hood!

 
At 1:30 AM PDT, Blogger -K- said...

From now on, I'll have a hard time thinking about this area, which was my first LA neighborhood, as anything but The Kosher Corridor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery