Monday, May 20, 2013

#grannysquared

#grannysquared, Craft & Folk Art Museum
It's done!  Yarn Bombing L.A.'s huge project "Granny Squared" is finally up and ready for the public to see.  It was so much fun participating in this.  I do believe I crocheted almost 50 of the 5000 squares, at home and also at CAFAM on their Stitch 'n Bitch Saturdays.  It was really great meeting so many like-minded crochet artists, especially the organizers of the project, Arzu Arda Kosar and Carol Zou.  


Click here to see how the project came together. 

The official opening and party is this coming Saturday, May 25, 6-9 pm at CAFAM, 5814 Wilshire Boulevard (at Curson, directly across the street from the Tar Pits).  I'll see you there!
Check out this video of a CAFAM SnB and Ellen speed-crocheting!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM PDT, Blogger Crafted by Bairbre Aine said...

Hallo Ellen Bloom!
I stumbled upon your blog via monster crochet's blog post (about you being her fav crochet blog/person) any who, we both seem to have participated in the same yarn bomb event...if you look under the "T" in the 'ParticipanTs' picture, you will see my name...just curious, do you have another picture of this list, with name circled?
I'd like a copy if you wouldn't mind? I live on the east coast now (after living in Carlsbad, CA for many years) was just hopeful you might...thank you. Stop by and visit my blog sometime, won't you? Cheers~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery